Indian Foot Massage also known as Kansa Vatki (KV) Foot Massage, or Padabhyanga Massage, is lusciously therapeutic. This unique treatment is steeped in 5,000 centuries of Ayurvedic ceremony from India, by using a small metal bowl (made of copper, tin and zinc), and warm Ghee (clarified butter) on the lower legs, top of the feet and bottom of the feet. The combination of metals in the bowl has a powerful effect on the body’s energies, and is more effective than gold and silver on the various internal organs and energy channels.
It is deeply revitalizing for tired feet and legs and, as the feet contain key energy and nerve endings relating to all organs of the body, it also helps re-balance the entire body. The health of your feet mirror your overall general health. Foot ailments can be an initial sign that other health problems are emerging.
Working with the three Ayurveda dosha’s (Pitta – hot, Kapha -warm, and Vata – cold) helps bring these back into balance through this ancient foot treatment. This treatment is considered a tri-dosha balancing treatment.
The treatment involves you lying fully clothed on a massage table with only your lower legs undressed. One leg is worked on at a time for all the steps:
- The small metal bowl is used to vigorously rub the soles of the feet, top of the feet and the muscles of the lower leg, to draw out heat and toxins, thereby inducing relaxation.
- The treatment, also includes a combination of massage techniques that pin point the 6 “Marma” points on the feet and lower limb as well as, the seven Chakra regions of the feet.
What are Marmas? According to Ayurveda, all meridians or energy channels in the body begin in the scalp and end in the soles of the feet. There are 107 Marma points all over the body. Many neural endings and Marmas — also called Ayurvedic pressure points — are located in the feet.
- The toes, feet, ankles and calves are worked on to help them relax
- Then the steps are repeated only using my hands, followed by again doing the steps with the small bowl.
- The steps are repeated on the left leg
- Applying a warm towel to the lower legs and feet to further relax the muscles of the legs and feet. The towel is then used to remove the Ghee
SOME OF THE KNOWN BENEFITS OF INDIAN FOOT MASSAGE
- General over all relaxation
- Encourages deeper breathing and deep relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of “feel good” chemicals called endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness
- Helps to dissipate mental tiredness/fatigue, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness and concentration and clearer thinking
- Can create a more balanced state of being, and balancing of the Chakras
- Improved sleep
- Stimulates blood circulation and drains away accumulated toxins
- Overall detoxification with lymphatic drainage which helps in the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
- Increased joint mobility and flexibility in the ankle and foot
- Improves the condition of the ligaments and muscles of the lower limbs
- Relaxes tired feet
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TREATMENT:
- Feet need to be clean the day of the treatment
- Wear older clothes because the ghee can keep coming out of the body for up to 24 hours afterwards. If you are wearing shorts or pants that the hem is above the knee then its not a concern
- Otherwise please wear pants that will be non-restricting when rolled up past your knees. Loose shorts or sweat pants are good. I do have some long gym shorts for your use, if required.
- Drink at least 1 full glass of water within 1 hour before treatment. Teas and coffees don’t count.
YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECEIVE INDIAN FOOT MASSAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- High temperature or fever
- Broken bones, fractures, hairline fractures
- Athlete’s foot
- Infectious diseases
- Clients under-going medical treatments (cancer, autoimmune etc)
- Taking Prednisone
- Taking more then 3 medications
- Unexplained bruises
- Painful bunions, corns, warts, Gout
- Bulging varicose veins
- Miscarriage if the loss is less then 6 months
- Diabetes, if the circulation in the feet are NOT under control
45 minute treatment: $80.00 CDN
This massage has to be done at my home office.
NOTE: If this is your first time for an Indian Foot Massage, you will receive an email requesting you fill an on-line client in-take form prior to your appointment.
NOTE: As of June 12, 2020, Alberta Health Services requires everyone fill out a pre-screening covid-19 form. I will also be following Alberta Health Services guidelines for the treatments I offer as documented here: Alberta Health Services Stage-2 re-launch guidelines
Unit# 301 – 2411 Erlton Road Street SW
Calgary, Alberta T2S 3B9
Buzzer code: 3115 (my name and company name are NOT listed on the directory)
NOTE: For IN-PERSON treatments, please park in the underground garage as the front street entrance is currently under construction for August 2020 and possibility into September.
The underground garage is located between the two buildings between 25th Avenue and 24 Avenue SW along ERLTON ROAD.
The intercom is located on the left side on the wall – My name and business are not listed in the directory. Use the buzzer code listed on your Appointment Reminder.
When entering the garage, wait for the garage doors to close and then turn RIGHT and park in any of the parking stalls marked as VISTOR and are yellow. The elevator entrance to Building C (need a code) is located between parking stalls 7 and 6. I am located in Building C.
If you choose to park on the street (2 hour free parking), please park along 24th Avenue and call me at 403-512-3715 and I will come down to get you. There is an entrance (with no intercom) on the corner of 24th Avenue and Elrton Road SW.
NOTE: ZZ Permit parking is along the fenced lot between Erlton Road and MacLeod Trail SW.